18.12.08

Things seem a bit calmer

Things seem a bit calmer. Whether this is a manipulated because bonuses are shortly to be paid out or whether it's all real is debatable..
 
For the moment anyway things going well for recent picks..
 
I've bottom fished a couple of others since I last updated. As with the others if the market starts to rise I'll hold onto them, if there's another collapse I'll probably get out. They are:
 
PV Crystalox (Pvcs) where I got 2,500 shares at 82.74. Target 100 stop 75. This looks to have been oversold after a similar company elsewhere in Europe put out a warning. No warning yet here and at this kind of price I'll take the risk given the excellent balance sheet. It went up nicely late yesterday and wish I'd bought more. It did appear to bottom out in the 80p area but of course it is risky because they could issue a warning. So maybe it's best I did this for a small amount!
 
I've also taken a little punt in Lamprell (LAM) which has been massively hit because of connections with Dubai. At the current price it looks a steal to me I got 2,500 at 92.5p. Target 140 stop 70.  
 
As usual for now, all buying is in small quantities which seems sensible for the time being. No point in being a hero and sticking in too much during uncertainty.
 
Elsewhere some good gains for some recent picks. Close to doubling on Unite which is very nice.
 
Dmatek continues to shine and up 20 pts now on the buys in that one.  
 
A superb rise by Fenner today - because it went ex dividend for 5p the 2p rise today is equivalent to 7p! Very happy to have banked the dividend along with a great rise. Eaga goes well too.
 
Dragon Oil has been having a good time of late and I'm nicely up there now. Mucklow mucks about a bit, but any rise above 250 would be bullish, happy with the rise so far especially as it was a bit of an unknown gamble. Petrofac goes pretty strongly though it is rather volatile.
 
So all in all, very pleased with current holdings. Obviously in this current market anything can happen but I would be ever so pleased if some of the recent buying was near bottom buying. I suspect though I am probably wishing something that simply isn't the case and remain on guard.

Source: http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/columns/the_naked_trader/375/things-seem-a-bit-calmer-0375.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

loan709@yahoo.com